Saturday 18 February 2012

Loughries True Blues LOL 1948 - Unveiling of New Orange Banner

Loughries True Blues LOL 1948, is planning to unveil a new Orange Banner - on Saturday 9th June 2012.

Already a great deal of planning has gone into what the Lodge wanted painted on the banner, then a extraordinary amount of research took place, to make sure that information and scenes selected were precise and accurate.

In a number of blog posts during 2011, I gave you a few clues as to what historical events were being researched, with a view to displaying them on Loughries new banner. Now, it would be wrong for me to let you know what is being painted on the banner – as much as I would like to tell you, nevertheless if you look back at my posts some clues are there.

The upcoming 10-15 years sees a number of very important historical events – in Ulster history, that marks their centenaries. I would like you to keep these dates in your mind, when exploring my blog and piecing together what the paintings could be.

I will blog again about this banner unveiling in the coming weeks and months – giving more details of what is planned. This is in my opinion, a highly significant event in the history Loughries Orange Lodge and demonstrates a huge step forward in our development and further shows our members are committed, motivated and dedicated to the Orange Institution.

Keep looking in!!


HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment